Join the North Conway Public Library on Sept. 27 for a day of mountain biking in the White Mountains at “Bike for Books Mountain Bike Adventure Rides.”
The Bike for Books MTB Adventure Rides offer biking enthusiasts of all levels and abilities a great opportunity to explore the varied trails and terrain along well-marked routes in North Conway & the White Mountain National Forest.
North Conway serves up some of the best riding in New Hampshire. For over a decade, NEMBA has been working to create a wonderful assortment of trails for beginners and experts alike. So whether it’s cruising along gently wooded fire roads, biking on single tracks through magnificent forests, along rivers, around picturesque ponds, or negotiating the technical rocky descents on the edge of the White Mountains, there is something for everyone.
Several route options will be marked for all levels of riders, from novice to expert and some kid-friendly family loops, too. You can ride for an hour or do the epic ride with all the technically challenging hero options which takes about 4 to 6 hours for even the strongest riders.
Have fun learning new trails at your own pace- on your own or with a group of your friends.
After the ride, join other riders for the included pizza lunch, hot soup, fresh coffee, and delicious desserts.
Bike for Books is a fundraiser for the North Conway Library and fundraising by participants is encouraged with prizes for top fundraisers. Fundraisers will also receive raffle tickets to win a brand new Specialized mountain bike. The more pledges raised, the greater the chances to win!
Registration: 8 – 11 a.m. at Whitaker Woods Homesite
Costs: Adults $25, couples $45, families $55, kids 16 +under $15. Or raise pledges instead!
Highlights of the event:
- Self-guided rides on marked trails
- Different route options for all ages & abilities:
- 2 & 4 mile loops in Whitaker Woods (easy; for kids & novice riders)
- 20 mile intermediate loop
- 27 mile advanced loop with several technically challenging add-on loops
- Signed trails showcase the best North Conway has to offer
- Covered Bridge snack stop with food & drink at halfway point
- Skill course
- After ride pizza lunch with hot soup, delicious desserts, and fresh coffee
- Mechanical support tent by local bike shop
- Optional fundraising with prizes for top fundraisers (and increased chances to win a Specialized mountain bike!) instead of registration fee
- Raffle drawing for a new Specialized mountain bike