The Mount Washington Valley Ice Fest, aka “The Ice Fest”, is an event that brings together climbers of all abilities to celebrate adventure, fun, and the camaraderie of ice climbing in the heart of the White Mountains of New Hampshire! This year’s event is being held February 5, 6, and 7.
The Mount Washington Valley is the finest waterfall ice climbing destination in North America. Every year; the event is eagerly anticipated by ice climbers in the Eastern United States and elsewhere. The Ice Fest is considered one of the premier climbing events in the country. It is a celebration of ice climbing, winter mountaineering, and the people that make it a part of their lives. For 23 years, it has provided great opportunities for those attending: networking, socializing, trying new gear and participating in multiple day courses, one-day technical ice climbing clinics and privately guided climbs. We offer a variety of skills-based clinics and exciting slide shows with the best climbers and guides from around the world.
Why climb at Ice Fest?
- You’ll learn from the absolute best with an incredible roster of guest guides to date this year.
- You’ll meet lots of other climbers and maybe a future climbing partner.
- There are courses for all abilities.
- Jaw dropping evening shows at Theater In The Wood!
- Sample amazing beer from local brewery Tuckerman Brewing Co.
- Free gear demos from our sponsors! Try before you buy!
- Yummy food available at all events!
- It’s action packed and a damn good time!