Join Jean’s Playhouse & IMPACT on Fridays at 10am for family summer fun from June 30th-August 18th for their Children’s Summer Theater Series. The plays are original, incorporating unique songs and a new twist on classic children’s tales.
Tickets for each theater performance are $8/person, and children under the age of 3 may enjoy the show for free. For families that are interested in seeing every show of the series, season passes are available for a more affordable price of $40 per person, and children under the age of 3 still receive free admittance to shows.
- June 30th – Anansi – Keeper of the Stories: Anansi, a spider of great cunning, out wits the Sky-God Nyami to bring stories back to earth. Based on the folklore of the Ashanti culture from Ghana.
- July 7th – Thumbelina: Thumbelina, a tiny girl, uses her imaginative and ingenious spirit to be true to her own heart. Based on the story by Hans Christian Andersen.
- July 14th – The Bremen Town Musicians: An aging donkey, dog, cat, and rooster, all discarded by their masters, band together and discover delight in their new found freedom! Based on the story by the Brothers Grimm.
- July 21st – The Nightingale: The Emperor falls in love with the song of the nightingale until he finds a bejeweled mechanical bird, but when he becomes sick who comes to his aid? Based on the story by Hans Christian Andersen.
- July 28th – Snow White and Rose Red: Snow White and Rose Red are generous and kind. Confronted by both a dwarf and a bear, one day, the girls are in awe when things resolve unexpectedly. Based on the story by the Brothers Grimm.
- August 4th – Momotarō – Ogre Hunter: Momotarō and his friends a talking dog, monkey and pheasant go to a distant island to fight the marauding ogres and save their village. Based on a Japanese fairy tale.
- August 11th – How the Rainbow was Made: Nanabozho, an Ojibwe spirit, deciding the world is too boring brings out his paints to color the flowers, and the day takes an unexpected turn. A creation tale from the Ojibwe Nation.
- August 18th – Humpelken-Pumpelken or the Adventures of Humpty Dumpty: Humpelken-Pumpelken and her friends defend the town of Eggland as it is attacked by a devious chef and his crew! Based on an English Nursery Rhyme.
For more information on the Children’s Summer Theater Series and to buy tickets or season passes, please visit http://believeinbooks.org/children-s-summer-theater-series.html.