When the lifts close, the apres ski fun begins. For some, it lasts well into the night. Our readers asked us to share insight into nightlife opportunities in Mt Washington Valley, so each week we’ll compile a list of live entertainment and apres ski fun.
Here’s what’s in store for the upcoming week.
Apres Ski at the Ski Resorts…
Apres Ski at the Wildcat Pub – all entertainment is from 1:00-4:00pm
- Dec 29: Ryan St Onge
- Dec 30: Shark Martin
- Dec 31: NYE Football: Patriots vs NY Jets
- Jan 1: Ben Cook
- Jan 5: Raft Matregrano, 12:30-3:30pm
- Jan 6: Pat Foley Band
Apres Ski at Ptarmigan Pub at Attitash
- Dec 26: White Steer, 2:00-5:00pm
- Dec 27: Riley Parkhurst Project, 2:00-5:00pm
- Dec 28: The Dean Machine, 2:00 – 5:00pm
- Dec 29: Pat Foley Band, 3:00 – 6:00pm
- Dec 30: The Gravel Project, 3:00 – 6:00pm
- Dec 31: Lazy Susan, 3:00 – 6:00pm
- Dec 31: Football! Patriots vs NY Jets, 1:00-4:00pm
- Jan 1: Den Sessions at Bear Peak with Jonathan Sarty, 2:00-4:30pm
- Jan 1: Riley Parkhurst Band, 3:00-6:00pm
Plus, The Attitash Grand Summit hotel also has an abundance of family-friendly activities scheduled through December 31. Activities include ornament decorating, face painting, kids movies every night, live music, and other fun, competitive games.
Apres Ski at Cranmore Mountain Resort
Apres Ski at Zips: Enjoy live music to add to the apres ski fun in Zips Pub.
- Dec 27: Greg Walsh
- Dec 28: Ben Cook
- Dec 29: Mitch Alden, 3:00-6:00pm
- Dec 30: Music with Bill Cameron, 3:00-6:00pm
- Jan 6: Live Music at Zips Pub with Jonathan Sarty, 3:00-6:00pm
- Dec 28-31: Cranmore’s Tubing and Mountain Adventure Park activities will offer extended hours for the holiday period, from 10:00am – 8:00pm.
- Dec 28-30: Cranmore’s signature family event, Cranapalooza, featuring DJ Kris10, games and s’mores at Schneider Square, 2:30-4:30pm
- December 31: Shredding into 2018 Freestyle Event at Cranmore: Show off your tricks. Open to skiers and snowboarders of all ages.
- December 31: C-more’s New Year’s Eve Bash & Fireworks: Ring in 2018 with C-more the Penguin and this special New Year’s edition of Cranapalooza! Geared for guests and families of all ages, join in on all kinds of fun activities and entertainment! There’ll be a DJ in Schneider Square, s’mores, games & more. Stick around for a fireworks show at 6:00pm, too!
Bretton Woods Ski Resort presents apres ski parties:
- December 28-31 & Jan 6: Adult Apres Ski Party, 3:00-5:50pm: When you’re finished with a great day on the trails, head to the 3rd floor and listen to some après ski entertainment. Try a new brew at Slopeside Pub located on the 3rd level of the Bretton Woods Base Lodge. Entertainment will be from 3:00pm-5:30pm and Bar Promos are from 3:00pm-5:00pm.
- December 28-3 & Jan 6:: Kids Apres Ski Party: 3:30-5:00pm: Kids ages 4-12 are welcome to join in this special supervised après ski fun upstairs in the Mount Washington View Room, located on the Heaven Level of the Bretton Woods Base Lodge. Special après parties are scheduled on most Saturday’s throughout the year and during vacation and holiday periods. Each party will include live entertainment, games, activities, and refreshments for kids. Parents are welcome to leave their kids at this supervised program and enjoy entertainment at the Slopeside Lounge. Reservations are not required for this complimentary program. Click here to read about the different themed parties.
Apres Ski at Black Mountain in the Lostbo Pub
- Thurs, Dec 28: Live music by Riley Parkhurst Project, 3:30-5:30pm
- Fri, Dec 29: Live music by Greg Walsh, 3:30-5:30pm
- Sat, Dec 30: Coors Light promotion and live music with Candie Tremblay
- Sun, Dec 31: New Years Eve party and torchlight parade, 3:00-6:00pm
- Mon, Jan 1: Music by Candie Tramblay, 3:30-5:30pm
- Fri, Jan 5: Apres Ski entertainment with Greg Walsh, 3:30-5:30pm
- Sat, Jan 6: Apres Ski entertainment with Candie Tremblay and Angry Orchard promotion, 3:30-5:30pm.
Apres Ski at King Pine
- December 29: Torchlight Snowtubing: Enjoy the thrill of tubing under the lights at the Pine Meadows Tubing Park from 5:00-9:00pm.
- December 30: Horse Drawn Sleigh Rides, 11:00am-1:00pm: Start or end with a cup of hot cocoa by an outdoor fire. Enjoy the classic experience of riding among surrounding fields and within wooded trails in a horse-driven sleigh. $20 per adult, $15 for kids 12 and under. Space limited. Reservations required. Call 800-373-3754 for reservations. Complete info, click here.
- December 31: New Year’s Eve Family Celebration, 4:00-9:00pm. Your night skiing ticket will include Night skiing and riding from 4:00-9:00pm, outdoor music and campfire at the base of King Pine. The torchlight parade begins at 9:00pm – the first 100 people meet at 8:45 p.m. at the top of the Open Slope. Skiers MUST be able to ski an intermediate Blue Square trail in the dark! Hi-intensity glow sticks will be used. Fireworks to follow torchlight parade at 9:20 p.m. End the night with a Toast to the New Year at the Trail’s End Tavern (not included in ticket price). Full info
- December 31: Moonlight Snowshoe Tour, 7:00pm: Experience the quiet of the new year with a guided moonlight snowshoe tours through NH Audubon’s Hoyt Wildlife Sanctuary at Purity Spring Resort. Interested participants are asked to sign-up and meet at The Mill Indoor Pool & Fitness Center across from the Purity Spring Main Office fifteen minutes before the start of the tour. Please call ahead to confirm date of scheduled snowshoe tours. Rate are $12 per person ($20 with snowshoe rentals – rentals are available at the King Pine Rental Shop). This tour is weather permitting.
Entertainment throughout Mt Washington Valley
At Red Parka Steakhouse & Pub, Route 302, Glen, NH
- Every Monday – Open Mic’ Nite in the pub from 9pm-12:30am.
- Every Wednesday throughout January: Jonathan Sarty in the Pub, 5:30-8:00pm
- Every Wednesday throughout January: Jerry’s Free Ride Wednesdays – Join Jerry every Wednesday in the Pub where he gives away lift tickets to all of the great ski areas. All you have to do is be in the Pub between 5:30-8:00.
- Dec 29 – The Riley Parkhurst Project, 9:00pm – 12:30am
- Dec 30 – Lazy Susan, 9:000pm – 12:30am
- Dec 31 – Now Is Now, 9:00pm – 12:30am
- Jan 5-6: Nor’Easters, 9:00-12:30pm
- Jan 7: Apres Ski with Pacmann Dave, 4:00-7:00pm
At Wildcat Tavern, Jackson, NH
Every Tuesday: Hoot Night at the Wildcat Tavern: Hoot Night! The longest running open mic in Mount Washington Valley has been a “go-to” night life hot spot for over 30 years. Following in the colorful tradition of some of the Valley’s most beloved musicians, Hoot Night Host, Jonathan Sarty, takes the stage at the Wildcat Tavern as local performers arrive with guitars in hand and visitors to the Valley make their first appearance at the legendary Hoot Night.
Every Wednesday: White Mountain Ceili Band: Join Michael Levine (guitar), Dexter Harding (tenor banjo), Siena Kaplan-Thompson (fiddle) & Fiona Howell (flute) for traditional Irish Session music from 7:00-9:00pm. Stomp your feet, clap your hands, and dance a little jig as these accomplished musicians play centuries old tunes.
Every Friday: Al Shafner: Catch Al from 7:30-10:00pm in the Tavern. Al (also known as “the Rev”) is a singer/guitarist who’s been pleasing audiences throughout New England for more years than he cares to admit to. He has served as front man for several successful bands and currently performs mostly as a solo artist and also with his backup band, The fabulous Revtones. The majority of his performances are centered in the Mount Washington Valley of NH, where he makes his home. The music is classic “songs you know by heart”, sure to stir up happy memories.
Sunday “Croon to the Moon” Show: The Wildcat Tavern Sunday Dinner “Croon to the Moon” show with smooth-voiced crooner, Jonathan Sarty, is every Sunday Evening from 7-9pm.
Additional entertainment at the Wildcat Tavern:
- Dec 30: Apres Ski entertainment with Al Shafner, 4:00-6:00pm
- Dec 30: Reverand Al Shafner and the Revtones, 9:00-11:30pm
- Dec 31: Ring in the new year with the Jonathan Sarty Band, 8:00pm – 1:00am
At Deacon Street, Seavey Street, North Conway
Friday Nights: Live music performed by local Irish music legends, Dennis & Davey.
At Shannon Door Pub, Jackson
- Dec 28: Dennis & Davy, at 7:30pm
- Dec 29 & 30: Marty Quirk at 8:00pm
- Dec 31: New Year’s Eve with Marty Quirk and Johno
- Jan 4: Johno & Simon Crawford, 7:00pm
- Jan 5-6: Marty Quirk, 8:00pm
- Jan 7: Kevin Donan & Simon Crawford, 7:30pm
At Shovel Handle Pub, Jackson – all performances are from 6:00-9:30pm
- Dec 28: Tim Gurshin & Friends
- Dec 29: Tristan Omand
- Dec 30: Randy Messineo
Other Entertainment throughout Mt Washington Valley through Christmas Week
December 28 – 31: Conway Scenic Holiday Week Trains: Your favorite old-fashioned train rides will be offered twice daily December 26 through 31, both to Conway: 11:30 and 1:30 (about an hour round-trip). Moe info, click here.
Fri, December 29: Wildcat Ski Team & Wildcat Mountain present Line of Descent, Warren Miller’s film offering insight into steeps and peaks and hidden corners of the world. Food & drinks at the Pub plus Kids Apres Ski, 5:00-8:00pm.
December 31: Fireworks at Schouler Park: Be sure to bring the camera and capture the explosion color over the vintage Conway Scenic RR train station. Fireworks get underway at 9:30pm to ring in the new year and finish off the Spirit of the Holidays celebration.
December 31: Ring in the New Year with dinner at a MW Valley Restaurant: The Mt Washington Valley Chamber of Commerce has created a comprehensive list of restaurants open and celebrating New Year’s Eve with delicious dinners and festivities. Click here for the full list.
December 31: Le Vent du Nord at Stone Mountain Arts Center, showtime: 8:00pm: Performing traditional Québécois music that is heavily influenced by Celtic music, these guys are better every time I see them. Le Vent du Nord is one of the premier folk bands coming out of Canada today winning multiple awards and accolades from our friends up north. They have a huge and exciting sound using traditional instruments and foot stomping rhythms…..and they even play the hurdi gurdi! Tickets :$55. More info here.
December 31, 7:30pm – Paws & Plays New Year’s Eve Celebration – Enjoy live music, appetizers, desserts, a cash bar, and a champagne toast as you ring in 2018! Start off your New Year by supporting two of the valley’s nonprofits, Conway Area Humane Society and M&D Playhouse. Live Music by Miss Maybell and Slimpickin’s and Al Shafner and The Revtones. Tickets are $40 per person or $70 per couple. Available below through Pay Pal or by calling Kiersten at 603-447-5955 extension 4.
December 31 – Omni Mt. Washington – Out with the old and in with the new: Say goodbye to 2017 and welcome in 2018 with fine cuisine, music and libations during the Omni Mount Washington Resort’s three-day celebration! Whether you prefer an elegant dinner in the award-winning dining room with live music, or a fun family-friendly celebration with music in the Grand Ballroom, New Year’s Eve will be an occasion for all to enjoy as we usher in 2018! Full information here.
December 31: New Year’s Eve at White Mountain Hotel: Ring in the new year overlooking the lights of North Conway and Cranmore from the Ledges Dining Room. New Year’s Eve Party offers a cocktail reception with hors d’oeuvres, 2 drink vouchers. 4-course gourmet new year’s eve dinner, party favors, champagne toast at midnight, dancing to the Two Bass Jon Band, midnight balloon drop
Seating times for NYE dinner are 8:00, 8:30, and 9:00 PM. $139pp, plus tax and gratuity. Info here.
December 31 at Mountain View Grand – Two wonderful celebrations
New Year’s Eve Gala
If you’re looking for a more formal setting to ring in the new year, the Mountain View Grand will be hosting a New Year’s Eve Gala. The Gala will run from 7:00 p.m. to 12:30 a.m. in the Crystal Ballroom and will include a cocktail reception and dinner. Local pianist Greg Goodwin and his band will start the evening, and following dinner, music will be provided by a DJ for dancing. There will be a photo booth from 9:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m. At midnight, welcome in the new year with a champagne toast and the annual fireworks display. Pricing is $120 per person and the Gala is only available to ages 16 and up. Tax and gratuity are not included in the rate. Reservations are required and can be made by calling 855.837.2100.
New Year’s Eve Family Celebration
Join us on December 31st in the Presidential Ballroom for our annual New Year’s Eve Family Celebration! Running from 6:00 p.m. to 12:30 a.m., the celebration will feature a buffet dinner, cash bar, DJ and a host of fun holiday activities throughout the evening. There will be a photo booth from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. Then at midnight, ring in the new year with the spectacular firework display.
January 6: Concert to Support Recovery Efforts in MWV: The evening of music will start off 6 p.m. with a community pot luck dinner of soups, lasagna and other enticing food offerings served up in hand-thrown, hand-crafted pottery bowls donated by local potter Jennie Lanoie. Dinner follows with a concert by folk duo Bennett & Perkins. The performance, takes place in MWV Supports Recovery Endeavor House in Center Conway, NH (just west of the Conway Town Hall). Concert proceeds will also benefit A New Life, a prenatal group program for those recovering from substance misuse disorder. Tickets are $25 per person and may be purchased online in advance at www.bennettandperkins.com. Tickets are also available at the door, but advance online registration is strongly recommended as limited seats are available. Info: Click here.
January 6: Jackson Art Studio’s Winter Funky Tree Sip & Paint With Melanie Levitt: Class will start PROMPTLY at 6pm. PLEASE ARRIVE 15-20 min. prior to class starting. Fun for the absolute beginner to the seasoned artist! Spend an evening of creativity as you twist open your favorite bottle of wine (BYOB for those 21 and over) and uncork your creativity! The instructor will guide you step by step- easy, stress free, & affordable! $45 all supplies included.
Click here for a complete calendar of events on and off the mountains throughout December in Mt Washington Valley.