When the lifts close, the apres ski fun begins. For some, it lasts well into the night. Our readers asked us to share insight into nightlife opportunities in Mt Washington Valley, so each week we’ll compile a list of live entertainment and apres ski fun.
Here’s what’s in store for the upcoming week.
Apres Ski at the Ski Resorts…
Apres Ski at the Wildcat Pub
- Jan 12: Ryan St Onge, 12:30-3:30pm
- Jan 13: Jonathan Sarty Band, 1:00-4:00pm
- Jan 14: Pat Foley Solo, 1:00-4:00pm
- Jan 19” Rafe Matregrano, 12:30-3:30
- Jan 20: White Steer, 1:00-4:00pm
Jan 25-28: Wildcat is celebrating 60 years of lift-serviced skiing Thursday, January 25 – Sunday, January 28 with a whole bunch of activities, events, lift ticket specials and birthday cake! Click here for the schedule of events and to purchase specially priced lift tickets online.
Apres Ski at Attitash
- Jan 13: The Pat Foley Band at Ptarmigans Pub, 3:00-6:00pm
- Jan 13: Attitash After Dark Bud Light Series – Fireworks and Bon Jovi Tribute – 6:30-11:00pm. Click here for complete schedule and info.
- Jan 13: Den Sessions at Bear Peak featuring Scott Baer, 2:00-4:30pm
- Jan 14: Den Sessions at Bear Peak featuring Packman Dave, 2:00-4:30pm
- Jan 14: Shark Martin at Ptarmigans Pub, 3:00-6:00pm
- Jan 20: Radio BDC Rafters in Ptarmigans Pub, 10:00am – 6:00pm
- Jan 20: Den Sessions at Bear Peak with Pat Foley, 2:00-4:30pm
Sat, Jan 13: You Go Girl Race #1 to benefit Jen’s Friends, 11:00am-1:00pm
Sat, Jan 20: Abenaki Parks Rail Jam, stomp your best tricks for prizes, 11:00-12:00
Jan 27-28: Annual Military Salute Weekend: free lift tickets for active and veteran military and discounted tickets for their families. Click here for complete information and schedule.
Apres Ski at Cranmore Mountain Resort
Apres Ski at Zips: Enjoy live music to add to the apres ski fun in Zips Pub.
- Jan 13: Live Music at Zips Pub with Riley Parkhurst, 3:00-6:00pm
- Jan 14: Music at Zips Pub with Ryan St Onge, 3:00-6:00pm
- Jan 20: Music at Zips Pub with Greg Walsh, 3:00-6:00pm
Jan 13: Cranapalooza! As the afternoon winds down, the festivities begin at Cranmore Mountain. Cranapalooza is a festival of music, entertainment and games hosted by no other than North Conway’s favorite penguin, C-More.
Jan 13: Terrain Park Safety Clinic: Part of Terrain Park Safety Month, meet a park ranger at the top of the Reel Park at noon for some safety tips and tricks in the park from noon to 1:00pm.
Jan 13: Little Monsters Jib Contest: Ages 12 and under. Starts at 12 pm!
Jan 14: A bonus Cranapalooza: Enjoy fun with C-more the Penguin, s’mores, games & DJ Kris10 in Schneider Square from 2:30pm-4:30pm.
Jan 20: Vertical Challenge: A casual, fun & free race for all ages on Cranmore’s NASTAR course and family-friendly activities all day long at the base of Cranmore’s North Slope, with plenty of games & giveaways.
Bretton Woods Ski Resort presents apres ski parties:
- Jan 13, 14: Adult Apres Ski Party, 3:00-5:50pm: When you’re finished with a great day on the trails, head to the 3rd floor and listen to some après ski entertainment. Try a new brew at Slopeside Pub located on the 3rd level of the Bretton Woods Base Lodge. Entertainment will be from 3:00pm-5:30pm and Bar Promos are from 3:00pm-5:00pm.
- Jan 13, 14: Kids Apres Ski Party: 3:30-5:00pm: Kids ages 4-12 are welcome to join in this special supervised après ski fun upstairs in the Mount Washington View Room, located on the Heaven Level of the Bretton Woods Base Lodge. Special après parties are scheduled on most Saturday’s throughout the year and during vacation and holiday periods. Each party will include live entertainment, games, activities, and refreshments for kids. Parents are welcome to leave their kids at this supervised program and enjoy entertainment at the Slopeside Lounge. Reservations are not required for this complimentary program. Click here to read about the different themed parties.
Jan 12: Winter Carnival at Bretton Woods: A weekend of activities inside and out. Click here for information.
Jan 21: World Snow Day: A celebration of all things snow including a tubing party, special vouchers for kids and more. Click here to read more.
Apres Ski at Black Mountain in the Lostbo Pub
- Fri, Jan 12: Apres Ski entertainment with Riley Parkhurst, 3:30-5:30pm
- Sat, Jan 13: Apres Ski entertainment with Greg Walsh, plus PBR party, 3:30-5:30
- Sun, Jan 14: Apres Ski entertainment with Tim Dion and PRR grand prize giveaway, 3:30-5:30
- Mon, Jan 15: Apres Ski entertainment with Ben Cook, 3:30-5:30
- Fri, Jan 19: Apres Ski entertainment with Candie Tremblay, 3:30-5:30
- Sat, Jan 20: Apres Ski entertainment with Tim Gurshin & Henniker Brewing, 3:30-5:30
- Sun, Jan 21: Apres Ski entertainment with Tim Dion & AFC Championship Party, 3:30-5:30.
Jan 13: Last Tracks with Moat: Take the lift up at 4pm for Moat beer tastings with a Moat brewer and apps. Ski down a freshly groomed trail by headlamp. $25 per person.
Jan 26-27: Mark the calendar for the Jackson Snow Sculpting Competition at Black Mountain: Free for spectators. Creative snow sculptures will be located in the Main parking lot at the bottom of the Jubilee Trail. Click here for complete information.
Apres Ski at King Pine
Fridays in January: Torchlight Snow Tubing at King Pine: Experience the fun of lift-serviced torchlight night snowtubing down exciting snow chutes at our Pine Meadows Tubing Park!
Fridays & Saturdays in January: Night skiing 4:00 – 9:00pm, for those who can’t get enough time on the trails during the day!
Jan 13: Saturday Night Family Racing: Dual recreation race from 6:00-8:00pm. Races are free to all with a lift ticket. Weather dependent.
Jan 20, 27: Belly Bag Races: Starting at 3:00pm, join the King Pine crew at the top of the big jump on the Open Slope and get creative as you slide, roll and shimmy your way down in a big bag.
Apres Ski at Shawnee Peak
Fri, Jan 19: Moonlight Charity Challenge – Recruit a team of four skiers or snowboarders (all ages welcome) and compete to clock the fastest average score on the race course and to raise the most funds for the Maine Children’s Cancer Program.
Sat, Jan 20: Apres ski: Chad Porter will be providing early entertainment in Blizard’s Pub today from 2:30-5:30pm.
Sat, Jan 20: Shawnee Peak’s 80th Birthday Celebration: Festivities include an on-mountain scavenger hunt, 80th birthday cocktail reception with vintage attire in Zip’s Pub and fireworks. Full schedule, click here.
Pre-Ski at Great Glen Trails/MW Auto Road
Jan 14: Sunrise Snow Coach Tour: Experienced SnowCoach drivers will take you to treeline (weather permitting) at 4,200ft on the Mt. Washington Auto Road for a chance to watch the sun rise. Plan to leave promptly at 6:15am from the base lodge. Even if we don’t actually get to the see the sun rise, you can be sure the early morning lighting at treeline will make for incredible and unforgettable scenes.
Live Entertainment throughout Mt Washington Valley’s restaurants
At Red Parka Steakhouse & Pub, Route 302, Glen, NH
- Every Monday – Open Mic’ Nite in the pub from 9pm-12:30am.
- Every Wednesday throughout January: Jonathan Sarty in the Pub, 5:30-8:00pm
- Every Wednesday throughout January: Jerry’s Free Ride Wednesdays – Join Jerry every Wednesday in the Pub where he gives away lift tickets to all of the great ski areas. All you have to do is be in the Pub between 5:30-8:00.
Jan 12 – 13: Jeremy Dean in the Pub, 9:00pm – 12:30am
Jan 14: Now is Now in the Pub, 4:00-7:00pm
Jan 19-20: American Made in the Pub, 9:00pm – 12:30am
At Wildcat Tavern, Jackson, NH
Every Tuesday: Hoot Night at the Wildcat Tavern: Hoot Night! The longest running open mic in Mount Washington Valley has been a “go-to” night life hot spot for over 30 years. Following in the colorful tradition of some of the Valley’s most beloved musicians, Hoot Night Host, Jonathan Sarty, takes the stage at the Wildcat Tavern as local performers arrive with guitars in hand and visitors to the Valley make their first appearance at the legendary Hoot Night.
Every Wednesday: White Mountain Ceili Band: Join Michael Levine (guitar), Dexter Harding (tenor banjo), Siena Kaplan-Thompson (fiddle) & Fiona Howell (flute) for traditional Irish Session music from 7:00-9:00pm. Stomp your feet, clap your hands, and dance a little jig as these accomplished musicians play centuries old tunes.
Every Friday: Al Shafner: Catch Al from 7:30-10:00pm in the Tavern. Al (also known as “the Rev”) is a singer/guitarist who’s been pleasing audiences throughout New England for more years than he cares to admit to. He has served as front man for several successful bands and currently performs mostly as a solo artist and also with his backup band, The fabulous Revtones. The majority of his performances are centered in the Mount Washington Valley of NH, where he makes his home. The music is classic “songs you know by heart”, sure to stir up happy memories.
Every Sunday “Croon to the Moon” Show: The Wildcat Tavern Sunday Dinner “Croon to the Moon” show with smooth-voiced crooner, Jonathan Sarty, is every Sunday Evening from 7-9pm.
Jan 20: Jonathan Sarty Band, 8:00pm to closing
At Deacon Street, Seavey Street, North Conway
Friday Nights: Live music performed by local Irish music legends, Dennis & Davey, 7:30-10:00pm
Every Saturday-Apres Ski-Dennis & Davey from 4:00-6:00pm.
At Shannon Door Pub, Jackson
- Jan 11: Johno & Al Shafner, 7:00pm
- Jan 12 & 13: Marty Quirk, 8:00pm each night and 4:00-6:00pm for apres ski on Sat.
- Jan 14: Kevin Dolan & Simon Crawford, 7:30pm
- Jan 18: Johno & Dennis O’Neil – 7:00pm
- Jan 19-20: Jan 12 & 13: Marty Quirk, 8:00pm each night and 4:00-6:00pm for apres ski on Sat.
- Jan 21: Kevin Dolan & Simon Crawford, 7:30pm
At Shovel Handle Pub, Jackson – all performances are from 5:30-9:30pm
- Friday, Jan 12: Dusty Gray
- Sunday, Jan 14: Justin Jaymes
- Friday, Jan 19: Jonathan Sarty
- Saturday, Jan 20: Tom Dean
- Sunday, Jan 21: Cause & Effect
At 302 Tavern in Fryeburg
Jan 12, 19, 26: Open Mike night for local performers
Other Entertainment throughout Mt Washington Valley, January, 2018
January 12, 19, 26: Friday Night Lights at Settlers Green: Free hot chocolate from 4pm-7pm and purchase discounted area ski tickets! Plus, follow #FNLHotSpots on Instagram to discover giveaway where to win special gifts during the event. Click here for full details.
January 13: 20th Anniversary Kick Off Party with Mallet Bros at Tuckerman Brewing: 2018 marks Tuckerman Brewing’s 20th year of crafting delicious beer. To celebrate come for an outdoor celebration that will include a large heated tent, a special edition beer and The Mallett Brothers Band. Food will be available. Kids activities will be set-up and sponsored by The MWV Children’s Museum. Cover charge $10.
January 13: Country Jamboree at Leura Eastman PAC at Fryeburg Academy: Featuring an incredibly talented cast that has performed with some of country music‘s most popular artists, this outstanding performance features the music of Hank Williams, Patsy Cline, Johnny Cash, Willie Nelson, Loretta Lynn, and more. Like spending an evening at The Grand Ole Opry. $25-Adults, $20-Seniors, $5-Students
January 14: Bennett & Perkins at Tuckerman Brewing: A free family-friendly indoor concert at Tuckerman Brewing from 2:00-5:00pm. Part of the Tuckerman Brewing Company Music Series.
January 17: “The Opera House” one-time screening at Leura Eastman PAC: The critically acclaimed film surveys a remarkable period of the Metropolitan Opera’s rich history and a time of great change for New York. Drawing on rarely seen archival footage, stills, and recent interviews, The Opera House chronicles the creation of the Met’s storied home of the last 50 years, against the backdrop of the artists, architects, and politicians who shaped the cultural life of New York City in the ‘50s and ‘60s. 6:30pm. Tickets are $15 and can be purchased in advance online at www.fryeburgacademy.org/pac, or by calling the box office at 207-935-9232.
January 19: Night Sky Stories & Exploration with Tin Mountain Conservation: Star Wizards Matt Krug and Matt Maloney will tell some “Night Sky Stories”, discuss how the sky is both a compass and a calendar, and weather permitting, give a tour of tonight’s sky. Bring warm clothes, after the indoor stories we will head outside to see the stars. 7:00pm at Tin Mountain Nature Learning Center. Info: www.tinmountain.org.
January 19-20: Stonehurst Manor’s Ice Bar: Enjoy specialty cocktails and giveaways. Hors d’oeuvres will be passed all night. There will be dancing to the Music Man, a fashion show by Spruce Hurricane and the fire pits will be burning to keep you warm surrounded by hay bales for seating. Tickets must be ordered in advance and tickets for Jan 20 are already sold out, so order soon. All tickets are non-refundable and will be held for pickup at the door. For info and online ticket ordering, click here.
January 20: Spencer Albee at Stone Mountain Arts Center: Portland based and nationally acclaimed singer, songwriter and producer, Spencer Albee he has toured internationally, signed multiple record deals and worked with artists ranging from David Bowie to De La Soul with his bands AS FAST AS.
Click here for a complete calendar of events on and off the mountains throughout January in Mt Washington Valley.