Streetside, Settlers Green’s newest ten-store-and-restaurant addition, is poised to celebrate a grand opening that’ll get visitors dancing in the street. Starting on Tuesday, October 10, with a ribbon cutting ceremony and concluding on Sunday, October 15th, the Settlers Green Streetside Grand Opening festivities will include a full line-up of musical themed events, community celebrations, shopping specials, art unveilings, giveaways, fundraisers and a gala fireworks display, plus more. Dancing in the Street is the theme for the Grand Opening events, and that’s just what visitors will be doing throughout the celebration.
Get ready for a brand-new beat on the North Conway shopping scene
While retail is the primary focus at Settlers Green, the commitment to “shoptainment” here is evident in the mall’s many playscapes, photo opportunities, and the new Streetside Art Project featuring works of public art by local and regional artists. In addition to Streetside’s ten new stores and locally owned restaurant, shoppers will savor a sense of excitement and commitment to the community, taking shopping to the next level here.
An important part of Streetside’s Grand opening will include a unique fundraising partnership with Mountain Top Music, intended to put the music education and performance non-profit organization closer to their fundraising goal to create a community-oriented performing arts center and gathering place. Settlers Green has pledged a $15,000 match for any donations made to Mountain Top Music between September 15-October 15th, and the Streetside Grand Opening will create multiple opportunities for community giving to be matched. Look for a display in center court focused on this project.
Throughout the Grand Opening festivities, take time to view the Streetside Art Project, with works from Northern New England artists. Dancing in the Street offers up the following schedule of events and entertainment:
Tuesday, October 10, 12:30pm: Celebrate with a Ribbon-Cutting Event: Official ribbon cutting followed by light refreshments. Chamber members, politicians, media and interested public welcome to attend and meet the developers, artists and more.
Wednesday, October 11: Discover The Art: Learn more about White Mountains art history and culinary art from local experts. All programs are free and open to the public. Events take place at the Pedestrian Walkway by Francesca’s and Skechers at Settlers Green Streetside.
- 10:30am: Special presentation by local artists, Erik Koeppel & Lauren Sansaricq – a 45-minute presentation by two local artists from Jackson, NH. The art talk includes review of their recent “Recovering the American Sublime” exhibit plus other works and techniques by these traditional landscape artists.
- 11:30am: Bob Cotrell from Conway Historical Society – Local historian, Bob Cotrell, will discuss the history of art in the White Mountain during a 30-minute presentation, highlighting 19th century and early 20th century artists.
- 1:00pm: Culinary art demo by Kathy Iannuzzi from White Mountain Cupcakery – Kathy Iannuzzi, co-owner of the White Mountain Cupcakery, and winner of the 2011 Cupcake Wars, will demonstrate cake decorating at the White Mountain Cupcakery at Settlers Green Outlet Village Suite D52.
Thursday, October 12: Beauty Stroll in the Street
Today is the day to shop for a cause! October is National Breast Cancer Awareness Month, and to celebrate, from 11:00am to 5:00pm, Jen’s Friends Cancer Foundation will have volunteers on-site with information about the nonprofit and how it serves the Mt. Washington Valley. Receive one of only 100 commemorative canvas bags with free goodies and coupons with your minimum $10 donation. Proceeds go directly to Jen’s Friends, and Settlers Green will match it! Plus, enter to win a $500 raffle prize to the stores at Settlers Green Streetside. Tickets are $5 each with proceeds also benefitting Jen’s Friends Cancer Foundation.
Friday, October 13: #ShopStreetside Part I, throughout the day: “It’s all about the shopping” New brands featuring Grand Opening special deals. Sign up for all day raffles for merchandise prizes and more. Random acts of customer appreciation gifts throughout the day.
Saturday, October 14: Dancing in the Street: Throughout the day enjoy plenty of reasons to dance in the street at Streetside.
- 10:00am – 3:00pm: Enjoy a full day of festivities including the Streetside Art Festival.
- 4:00pm-until 6 pm: American Bandstand-style festival! It’s a dance party and you’re invited! Dozens of dancers from regional and student led dance groups will take you through the best dance years of the century. Grand final featuring Sarah-Katarina “SkooJ CorE-O” Jerome and director of the Boston Community Dance Project. As seen on MTV, ESPN, Sarah-Katarina will dazzle with her dance troupe for a grand finale event.
- 6:45 pm/Dusk: A gala fireworks display over Streetside fills the sky with celebration.
Sunday, October 15: #ShopStreetside Pt. 2: Close out the Grand Opening celebration with shopping specials and raffles throughout the day. Sign up for all day raffles for merchandise prizes and more. Random acts of customer appreciation gifts throughout the day.
More than 500,000 square feet of North Conway retail centers, including Settlers Green, Settlers Crossing and Settlers Corner, are developed and managed by OVP Management, Inc. a Newton, Massachusetts based company with management offices in North Conway. For more information please contact General Manager, Dot Seybold at email@example.com or for leasing information please contact Robert M. Barsamian at RMB@ovpmanagement.com. Additional details about the shopping centers located in North Conway, NH is available at Settlersgreen.com or OVPManagement.com.
Photos: Members of the Kennett High School Dance team will perform at Settlers Green during the Dancing in the Street celebration. Please note photo credits in file name.